Chevrolet has announced that it is entering the small cargo van segment for the 2015 model year. The 2015 City Express, which will be Chevy’s first offering in the small van segment in the U.S. and Canada.
2015 City Express: Chevy’s Innovative Cargo Van
The van will be built for business owners and operators who need a smaller, fuel-efficient work van for carrying cargo and supplies.
According to Chevrolet, the 2015 City Express will be available in two trims, LS and LT. The vans are expected to arrive around the Fall of 2014.
The LS model has the following features:
- 2.0 liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine
- Continuously Variable Transmission
- 4-wheel antilock brake system
- 15-inch steel wheels with 185/60R15 tires
- Gray cloth interior with vinyl bolster wear patches
- Fold down passenger seat with seat back tray table
- Center console with storage for file folders, laptop, etc.
- Upper dashboard mounted storage bin
- 40/60 split rear cargo doors (180-degree max opening)
- 20 integrated interior reinforced cargo mounting points
- Six exterior roof rack mounting points
- Six standard air bags
- Electronic stability control.
The LT model adds the following features:
- Power heated outside mirrors
- Power door locks with auto locking feature
- Remote keyless entry
- Cruise control with steering wheel mounted controls
The 2015 City Express will have 122.7 cubic feet of space, and will include a wide variety of options that will add to the van’s functionality and efficiency. The van will have a 2.0L 16 valve DOHC 4 cylinder engine that is currently rated at 131 horsepower and 139 lb-ft of torque. Fuel-efficiency numbers have not been determined yet.
A light work van from Chevy will allow businesses to purchase all of their vehicles from one manufacturer and take advantage of Chevrolet’s nation-wide service and support system, including Pat McGrath Chevyland in Cedar Rapids.
Business and Commercial Vehicles for Cedar Rapids
If you are looking for a reliable work vehicle, call Pat McGrath Chevyland today at (319) 393-6300 to learn more about our friendly service and dedicated support.
We have a huge inventory of reliable vehicles, so give us a call today!
If you have any questions about our commercial vehicle service, fill out a Contact Form and we’ll reach out to you with more information.