Saturday April 23, 2016 Mercy Medical Center is hosting a free public event for expecting parents!
Mercy Medical Center – Lundy Pavilion in Cedar Rapids, IA is offering a free public event titled: Nesting – an event for expecting parents, a lovely day of fun and education with pre- and post-pregnancy for families. This day begins at 10 am and ends at 1 pm. This event allows you to meet the Mercy pediatricians and staff from the OB offices, meet our labor nurses and ask them your questions about delivery, talk to our NICU nurses about when babies need the NICU and also get breastfeeding tips from our lactation consultants. Also available with be pregnancy-related classes throughout the day:
- Infant CPR: 10-10:40 a.m.
- Prenatal Yoga: 10:15-10:40 a.m.
- Breastfeeding Basics: 10:45-11:10 a.m.
- Infant CPR: 11:15-11:55 a.m.
- Breathing Techniques & Pain Control During Labor: 12-12:25 p.m.
- Breastfeeding Basics: 12:30-12:55 p.m.
Also available that day will be opportunities to try samples from the 24-hour room service menu that is available when you and your family need provisions.
- Taste samples from our 24-hour room service menu:
- Pot Roast
- Turkey Panini
- Lemon-Garlic Shrimp
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Enjoy warm, fresh cookies the Birthplace serves every afternoon
Finally, there are lots of great prizes to win throughout the event! McGrath was more than happy to donate a safe, new car seat for this awesome event.
- Take home a goody bag full of baby-related information and freebies (first 200 guests)
- Register for prizes, including:
- HALO Bassinet Swivel Sleeper
- Medela Breast pump
- Halo™ Sleep Sacks
- Car seat, courtesy of McGrath Family of Dealerships
- Stroller, courtesy of Babies ‘R Us
- And much more!
To learn more and to sign up for the event, follow the link below. If you wish to join a company that is focused on family, learn more about McGrath Auto here!