If you are planning on taking a road trip and you have kids, you know you will have several of those “are we there yet” questions. Being a parent and trying to juggle prepping and packing, we often forget to pack things or the electronic devices run out of charge on the road. No need to worry, we have you covered with some road trip games that don’t require a single battery.
- I spy with my little eye! What is awesome about this is that if your kid guesses right away, you can always change it. Also, kids always like to go first and pick something, so this is an easy game!
- Rock, Paper, Scissors. This is probably less annoying for adults if your kid has a sibling that is willing to play along.
- 20 questions. One player picks out a “thing” either an animal, vegetable, or food. The other player gets to ask 20 questions to try and determine what the “thing” is.
- The Alphabet Game. Find the one letter of the alphabet and then the next person will get to move on to the the next letter.
- Sweet and Sour. This game requires waving at passengers in passing cars. If it’s your turn, you get one point for “sweet” if they wave back. If no wave is returned, “sour” receives zero points. Award bonus points if the other car does something funny like make faces at you.