Our Coralville Used Car Superstore team is full of fun and shenanigans, so I thought they would be the perfect group to give us a run down of the top 10 must-have things for the perfect tailgating experience. Here’s how they answered!
1. Friends: This was the team’s very first response! Gather as many friends as you can and head out to enjoy some great times.
2. Black and Gold: Fair warning! Don’t look like an idiot without your black and gold on game day! Which also means bring as much black and gold as humanly possible.
3. Cold Beverages: Cooler, ice, and drinks. Sounds like Busch Lattes may have a contender with all of this White Claw madness. It was also brought up to be sure to bring water to keep yourself hydrated.
4. Poncho or Pancheros: Maybe it was lunch time, but you can’t go wrong with either one of these.
5. Extra Pair of Underwear: While this may be a good thing to have at all times, we also feel that packing some extra clothes to wear might be a more common thing to bring.
6. Speakers: Whether or not you are going into the game, you will want to rock out to some Back in Black and other tunes to get you pumped up for the big game.
7. Games: Of course bags was the first game that was brought up. Although bringing a table and some red solo cups for a rambunctious game of flippy cup was also recommended.
8. Food: Whether you go fancy or keep it easy, food is a must during tailgating.
9. Chairs/Tent: Might as well pull up a seat and stay awhile since Hawk fans start their day nice and early.
10. Car That You Bought From McGrath: Well played Coralville team, well played!
There you have it ladies and gentlemen! We are almost a week away from the big kickoff for this season! Excitement is in the air and we will be cheering the Hawks on all season long! Let’s go Hawks!