Ever wonder why your brand-new Kia shuts off while you’re stopped at a red light? This new feature is called: Idle Stop and Go or also known as “ISG” system. The ISG system automatically shuts off the engine while the vehicle is at a standstill to reduce fuel consumption. The Idle Stop and Go system is by default active, but you can deactivate this feature.
How to Turn-off the Idle Stop and Go Feature:
- Locate the ISG button, pictured below (B). The ISG button can be located in two separate locations dependent on the Kia model. On the Telluride, Sorento, K5, and Stinger, the button is placed on the center console. For the Soul and Seltos, the ISG button is located on the driver’s panel to the left of the steering wheel.
- Push the ISG button to deactivate the “stop and go” feature.
How to Turn-on the Idle Stop and Go Feature:
There are two different methods to activating the stop and go system after turning it off.
- Press the ISG button.
- Turn the vehicle off and then back on.
To indicate that the ISG feature is activated, there will be an ISG icon on the instrument cluster illuminating green. (Image “A”)
Reasons the Stop and Go Feature won’t Activate
The Idle Stop and Go feature will automatically become disabled when the following happens:
- A seat belt is unfastened
- The hood or a door is opened
- Batter condition is poor
- The front or rear defroster is on
- Engine coolant temperature is too low or too high
- Emission control devices activated
- The vehicle is stopped on a slope
Auto Stop Indicator is Yellow
If the auto stop indicator is sold yellow, the feature is enabled but something is inhibiting the system from working. If the auto stop indicator blinks yellow, bring the vehicle in to be inspected by a certified service technician. If you have any questions, contact us.
The Idle Stop and Go feature can be found on new 2021 Kia vehicles, including; Telluride, Sorento, Soul, Seltos, K5 and Stinger. Stop out to McGrath Kia to take a look our new 2021 Kia inventory or shop our full selection online at McGrathAuto.com.