The McGrath Family of Dealerships provides free Car Seat checks at McGrath Buick GMC Cadillac (1040 North Center Point Road, Hiawatha, 52233).
You and your family are welcome to come have a Certified Car Seat Technician from Mercy Medical Center help you with your child’s car seat. If you need to have your seat checked sooner, there is no need to wait! Call (319) 310-7328 to schedule an appointment today.
Here is why it is important to have your car seat checked out according to the CDC:
- Car seat use reduces the risk of death of infants (aged <1 year) by 71%; and toddlers (aged 1–4 years) by 54% in passenger vehicles.
- Booster seat use reduces the risk for serious injury by 45% for children aged 4–8 years when compared with seat belt use alone.
- In the United States during 2011, more than 650 children ages 12 years and younger died as occupants in motor vehicle crashes, and more than 148,000 were injured.
Under Iowa State Law, children must ride:
- Facing the rear until they are 1 year of age and weigh 20 pounds.
- In a child safety seat or booster until they turn 6 years old.
- In a booster seat of lap and shoulder belt if they are 6-11 years old.
Review the image below to decide if you have the proper seat, then let us help protect your family when on the road.
Use the CDC image below to determine what stage of car seat your child is at (Click to enlarge):
Contact us today to set up a time to come have your seat checked: Call us today at (319) 310-7328 or Email Us to set up your appointment! We look forward to seeing you soon!
[button link=”http://mcgrathauto.com/forms/contact-seller/” type=”big” color=”green” newwindow=”yes”] Contact Us Here![/button]