When you’re traveling during the winter months, you want to be prepared! This is why we came up with a list of ten things you need to have in your vehicle during these slippery times!
- Jumper Cables
- You never know when your battery might not want to start in the cold weather!
- Blanket (or two)
- If you’re ever stranded on the side of the road you may not have any heat in your car. Blankets are a great way to stay warm while you wait for help.
- Stranded, day or night, a flashlight will help you to see better in any predicament.
- Portable Charger for Cell Phone
- If your car is dead and your phone is almost dead this is a great way to make sure you can still reach someone for help!
- Hand Warmers
- It’s cold. Keep those hands of yours warm in a time of distress.
- You may be able to dig yourself out of a situation and this way you have a shovel to help!
- Ice Melt
- If you’re stuck, putting ice melt behind your tires helps your tires to get better traction.
- Windshield Washer Fluid
- When it’s nasty weather you use your washer fluid more than you think. Make seeing through your windshield easier by being prepared!
- Ice Scraper
- Well, this ones pretty obvious. Scrape that ice and snow off your windows to help you see!
- Emergency Kit
- This includes your band-aids, latex gloves, cold compression, and other first aid necessities.
- Depending on the severity of the wreck, you’re prepared to assist anyone in need.
Don’t forget that McGrath Service Department is here to help you with all of your automotive needs all year round. Snow tires are a great idea! So is maintaince of your vehicle to make sure it’s in the best working condition for those blistery days and nights on the road.
Stay safe out there!!